Marriage, Couple, & Relationship Counseling
Has your relationship lost the spark it once had and settled into a rut of negativity or lifelessness? Are you going through transitions and conflicts that have left you or your partner feeling confused and hurt? Like every good thing in life, relationships take work to thrive and flourish. No matter your reasons for seeking counseling, I am here to help you ignite your relationship once more, and equip you with the tools you need to keep it thriving!
By diving into your relationship concerns with a counselor, you will gain a fresh perspective on the issues you face and how to resolve them. With complementary counseling techniques, together we will root out negative behavior patterns and perceptions that keep you and your partner from experiencing the deeper, more fulfilling relationship you long for.
What can marriage and relationship counseling do for me?
Relationship counseling can give you:
- A better understanding of yourself and your partner within the context of the relationship
- Greater communication and listening skills
- A good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses in your relationship and how to improve upon them
- Increased self-esteem and self-confidence
- The tools and skills needed to improve your relationship
- An idea of what to accept and let go of in your relationship
- A clear understanding and improved management of high emotions within the relationship (anger, anxiety, etc.)
- Resolution of the issues of conflict (in-laws, parenting, sexual concerns, finances, etc.)
- An improved sex life with greater intimacy
What can I expect from a typical session?
You can always count on me to be an unbiased, honest, and objective counselor to assist you through whatever difficulty your relationship might be facing.
We will have an in-depth conversation about your current relationship and the area(s) you would like to improve, such as communication, intimacy, or understanding emotions.
We will discuss your relevant personal histories and previous relationships, and how they could be influencing your current relationship.
Afterward, I will present you with an accurate reflection of the situation you are facing and give you a collaborative strength-based plan to resolve whatever it is that brought you and your partner into therapy.
The purpose of relationship counseling is to assist you and your partner in strengthening and deepening your relationship, and ultimately enriching your lives. Because of this, I might assign you homework to complete outside of our sessions, tailored to your particular needs and personality. Homework may include a book that I think would provide valuable insight, journaling, specific topics to discuss with your partner, noting specific behaviors, and prompts to help you take action toward your goals.